Artist and activist Nicole Gallagher is creating and performing Mija: one bitch's tale, an interdisciplinary autobiography.
The one woman show is part of Nicole’s miniMythologies residency with folkLAB, which challanges each resident artist to create a new work exploring identity and mythology. In Mija, Nicole explores the intersection of many of the identities she holds (femme, queer, Latinx, labor + sex worker activist, comedian, storyteller and more!) and her personal narrative to create a mythology of her own life. Mija will be directed by Ayne Terceira (of Uncumber Theatrics) and with videography by Julie Mallis (BOOM Concepts, Via Festival) will run July 31st-August 4th at The Terminal Building in South Side.
- The show will run approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes with no intermission.
- There will be one "pay-what-you-can" performance on Sunday, August 4th @1pm
- The building is ADA accessible.
- There is a free on-site parking lot.
- Ages +14 (with a parent or guardian)
Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions to [email protected]